If you are suffering from chronic pain or acute symptoms as a result of a recent injury, you may be keen to know about natural pain relief options like Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields (PEMF) Therapy.
So, what is PEMF therapy?
Pulsed Electro-Magnetic Field (PEMF) Therapy is a safe and effective modern therapy application that is traditionally used to treat acute and chronic pain and may also help reduce inflammation.
PEMF therapy for pain relief has been used successfully by professional athletes for rapid recovery for many years as also mentioned in an article at DRPAWLUK.COM about the significance of PEMF therapy for athletes and sports performers.
How does PEMF reduce pain?
PEMF therapy is thought to improve circulation and cellular functioning by increasing your body’s ability to produce nitric oxide. Nitric oxide release is a common healing mechanism after injuries, and it may aid in the reduction of inflammation.
With PEMF Therapy, pain signals are reduced and temporarily interrupted. Fewer signals equal less pain.
The PEMF Therapy Advantage
Pain can make it difficult to concentrate, causing your productivity to suffer. Taking pain-relief medications can help relieve excruciating pain.
That is the charm of pain relievers. They stop the pain, allowing you to go about your business.
Unfortunately, pharmaceutical-based pain relievers come with their own set of risks. According to American Society of Anesthesiologits, opioids (like OxyContin or Percocet) can have serious side effects on your body.
While common over-the-counter pain relievers, such as ibuprofen (e.g., Advil, Motrin) and acetaminophen (e.g., Tylenol), have potential health risks when used long-term or incorrectly.
PEMF Therapy is a pain-relieving method that has very mild and temporary side effects and can be managed simply by continuing the therapy.
You don’t have to live in pain or discomfort any longer.
The best part is that you can get this relief without having to undergo any invasive procedure or take pain killer medications with PEMF therapy.
How does PEMF therapy work
PEMF Therapy uses pulsed electromagnetic frequencies and intensities.
PEMF therapy allows for targeted treatments on specific areas of the body, and the EMF pulses alternately engage and relax the cells. These pulses are critical to the efficacy of the therapy.
In 1995, Siskin and Walker published a summary of clinical results on soft tissue damage and discovered the following benefits of electromagnetic field therapy:
- Reduced pain
- Improved sleep
- Reduced inflammation
- Increased range of motion
- Reduced muscle loss after surgery
- Increased tensile strength in ligaments
- Faster healing of skin wounds
- Enhanced capillary formation
- Accelerated nerve regeneration
- Stimulate reflexology and acupuncture-like reactions in the body
- Increased production of nitric oxide
- improved micro–circulation
- Increased supply of oxygen, ions and nutrients
- Increased ATP production
- Accelerated protein bio-synthesis by electron and energy transfer
- Anti-oxidations regulation with increased circulation of available electrons
- Increased calcium transport/absorption for stronger bones, joints & muscles
- Enhanced tissue elasticity with increased collagen production
- Promotes bone, cartilage, tendon, soft tissue growth
- Stimulation of repair mechanisms
- Increased absorption of nutrients and pharmaceuticals
- Accelerated detoxification
All of these individually, and in aggregate, assist with pain relief.
Is PEMF Therapy for me?
This advancement in technology and therapy to help those suffering from pain is truly remarkable.
It can benefit everyone, whether you have chronic back pain from a desk job, work with your hands and have arthritis, or simply want to prevent the onset of chronic health problems.
If any of the following statements apply to you, PEMF therapy may be the remedy.
- Your former life is a distant memory.
- You are becoming irritable as a result of your nagging pain.
- You can’t do your job any longer due to increasing levels of pain.
- You are no longer able to participate in sports.
- You can’t sit still for long periods of time and can’t sleep well.
- You’re spending a lot of money on pain relief medication.
- You’ve just read all of the negative reports about the long-term use of pain relievers.
If you’d like to try PEMF Therapy for yourself, you can start by trying our Intro Pass Offer or take advantage of our 10 sessions with a bonus 11th session.
Click here to book your PEMF session.